Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Make it “not about the money”… you’ll make more money!

I do a tremendous amount of reading whether it’s newspapers, magazines, blogs, tweets, etc. Most of the reading I do involves what I do for a living…Real Estate Investing in Orlando. The one thing that I am noticing more and more is that real estate professionals are using social media more than ever. Unfortunately, a lot of the content that I’ve seen out there lately doesn’t have much value to it. I would say that a good percentage of it just seems like an ad trying to get the reader to a squeeze page or a website where the whole purpose of the squeeze page is to get your information and add you to some buyers or sellers list. Then once you’re on that list you will receive a weekly or sometimes even a daily email about why you should sell your house to this person or you’ll receive a list of overpriced investment properties. Is that really what the reader signed up for? Did they really get any kind of useful advice out of what they just read?

Don’t get me wrong, I tell my coaching clients all of the time that they need to use social media as part of there marketing. If they aren’t, then they are missing the boat. What I also tell them is to provide good content when they post a blog or an article. Whenever I write an article, blog, free report, etc. I always do it with the intention of providing the reader with at least one thing that would be helpful to them. What I mean by that is the reader actually took something away with them that they can implement or at least think about. I’ve found over the years that when you make it “not about the money”…you make more money!

People are not stupid and when you go out of your way to provide them with good service, not only will they appreciate it but they will come back to you to find a great investment property or to do their short sale for them. Not only that but when they have a friend that needs to stop a foreclosure, they will call you. I guess the moral of this story is… Good Content Is KING!

No comments:

Post a Comment