Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You can’t argue with Stupid,



           Ignorance is everywhere…You see it In the news, at the mall, at the supermarket, the gym… pretty much everywhere you go you have to deal with it. In the world of real estate it’s no different. I’m not claiming to be the smartest guy in the world but when I don’t know something I will either find the right answer for you or just keep my mouth shut. What I won’t do, is talk to about or do something that I’m unsure of just so you won’t think I’m stupid… That would make me look stupid.
      
         For those of you that do short sales… you know exactly what I’m talking about. Whether it’s the inexperienced negotiator you’re working with, someone at the title company that’s always messing up on the Huds and costing you money or the BPO agent that still thinks we’re in a hot market. My opinion is that there are some people who have been in this business for so long that they are just bitter and they get there kicks by trying to mess other people up. Then there are people that should have never gotten into the business in the first place. They really don’t enjoy it, so they don’t take the time to really learn the business. Unfortunately, sometimes these people end up working in a position where they can really muck things up for the rest of us. I’m keeping this really vague because if I start getting into details, I’ll be here all day. Besides… I want to save some stories for my book… “Short Sales, there are no secrets”  LOL


       Anyway, I know how frustrating it can be to deal with ignorance day in and day out. I’ll tell you how I deal with it. 1st Workout daily and when you’re working out think about the frustrations that you’re currently dealing with, especially the ones that you can’t do anything about. You’ll get an awesome workout and those situations that were bothering you will bother you a little less. 2nd Talk to a fellow real estate professional about it, in my case, I talk my Broker/wife. Every night we have a discussion over a glass of red wine. We talk about deals, sellers, buyers, title companies, mortgage brokers, realtors, marketing.you name it, and we talk about it. Oh, we also talk about the kids. Many times we come up with solutions to our problems by doing this. Let me tell you something…if it wasn’t for those talks that we have together and being able to vent our frustrations to each other, life would be a lot tougher to deal with.

       So remember… You can’t argue with stupid, but you have to find a way to deal with stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment